Sunday, February 15, 2009

give me a break

Here's a question- why is it assumed that because I didn't give birth to my daughters that I'm a moron? No, really? Is it some sort of natural law that I don't know about that unless you experience childbirth, you're an idiot when it comes to children? This is a touchy subject to me (consider yourself warned). I understand that there are a lot of people, even women, who know next to nothing about babies. I get that. Just because someone hasn't pushed a person out of their body doesn't mean they're ignorant. Even more- just because you have carried a pregnancy full term, doesn't mean that you're some how some sort of baby genius. So here's the deal; stop assuming I'm stupid. I know how to hold a baby. I know how to change a diaper, and I even know how to feed them. While I appreciate your advice, (well, sort of, but mostly not at all) you might want to give advice that's needed, or wanted. Don't assume that you're some sort of 'super-mom' and that I need you to tell me how to hold a baby or how to put the S and H together to make the shhh-ing sound. If you have advice on more trivial things, I'm all ears. But think before you speak and stop talking down to me.

3 comments:

Bozarth Family said...

Wow, someone pushed the wrong button on you, haha. I'm so happy for you. Your girls are so so cute. Any more in the future?

Jessikah said...

utoh.....

Anonymous said...

awww I'm sorry Jenn! If it helps any, I KNOW your a great mommy, and I admire your parenting very much. I love you!