Saturday, October 9, 2010

Addison's birthday part 1

Wow, Addison Rain turned 2!


I can't believe Addison is so big. Not only is she two, she's a very grown up two. I'm not really a fan of this. She tries so hard to keep up with Lorelei, while I wish she would just stay a little baby forever. Every single day she talks more and more. Her unintentional cursing is over for the most part as she is getting better and better at pronouncing words. This, too, makes me sad. She wears 2T and 3T, her shoe size is exactly one size smaller than Lorelei's. She has a red headed temper that is mixing nicely with terrible twos, and is big enough to decide just how obstinate she is going to be.

Amidst all the down side to all this light-speed growing, is a lot of wonderfulness that I am so blessed to witness. Her personality has been evident since she was tiny, but it's been so fun to see her discover it herself. SHe is one of the most dramatically expressive little people I've ever seen. She has a big imagination and loves using it. We spend hours playing in her little kitchen. With everything she 'makes', she warns me that it is either too hot, too cold, or too yucky so I have to give a dramatic show of reaction. She then in turn does the same thing. Her facial expressions for things like hot and cold are incredible. I hope I can capture them on video. Often, she pretends to dump her invisible pancakes on the ground, and then goes into fake mournful tears that last entirely too long. I can't wait to see how God uses these little aspects of who she is.

She is full of hugs, kisses, and cuddles. She is so content to just sit with us. She won't go to bed without some cuddle time. Of course, when she says it, "Tuddle me, mommy.", I can't help but laugh. I will 'tuddle' with this little one until she's a grown up if she'll let me. :) When she hears the front door she always comes running while yelling, "DaddyDaddyDaddyDaddyDaddyDaddyDaddyDaddyDaddyDaddy!!!!!!!!"
and nothing could be sweeter.

She loves music and much to my surprise can drum and clap to a beat. If there is music, she inevitably asks everyone to dance with her. She sings along with songs that I don't even know the words to. Music has always evoked such a different response from her than any other child I've seen. I have no doubt it will be a very big part of her life. I can't wait to see how.

She is big enough to have favorite books, songs, colors, and even shapes. She is all about Pirates as she walks around with one eye covered while shouting, "aye aye, Matey!"

She is learning to rhyme and count. She knows her colors, even though she'll intentionally answer them wrong and laugh because she thinks she's hilarious.

She is so smart. So bright. So beautiful. So full of joy.
We are so lucky to be her parents. We are blessed to help her grow up into the woman God has planned for her to be. I look at her, and I am overwhelmed by the task because she is destined for greatness. I don't say that lightly. Addison Rain is just such a unique little girl who has this incredibly ability to touch people's lives even at the little tiny age of two.


Lorelei picked a chocolate cake, white frosting and lots of pink sprinkles for Addison. ♥
Addison is so excited to be two. Being a 'big girl' is the most exciting thing to this tiny person

Celebrating together. They are best friends and it is so sweet.

Playing 'doctor' with the play set from Grandma and Grandpa. Such a great gift!!



More presents from Grandma and Grandpa!

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

Ahh, Addison you are growing up so quickly. What a sweet blessing you are to your family and friends. May you learn to recognize the whisper of God and have the heart to follow what He says.

My kids are still singing Happy birthday to Addison. :)

P.S. Jennifer, your writing is amazing. Love ya