Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankfulness, Day 2

I am so very thankful for this little family of mine. I can't event think about it without a smile crossing my face. I had no idea I could love 4 people as much as I love Christopher, Lorelei, Addison, and Jackson. My heart literally didn't comprehend the amount and depth of love it would feel before I had them in my life. 

I think back to when Christopher and I were first married. I knew he was the one God wanted for me, and I am so thankful that I stepped in faith rather than following advice from people. I knew our life would be an adventure, and I knew we'd have a family one day. I had no idea the adventure would be in the getting. I just love that our family is built so uniquely. People sometimes comment on how cute our family is, or how our children look just like us, or how we have the cookie cutter family. And I love that though it may seem so on the outside, our little family unit is far from cookie cutter. 

Each of our children have such different stories- all with God's hand prints across them. I even love each of the journeys God took us on as he built our family one child at a time. 

I am so thankful that I get to be married to Christopher and walk through life with him as his wife. I am humbled that God would allow me that role with such an awesome man. 

I am beyond thankful to be Mom to Lorelei, Addison, and Jackson. Three completely different little people that not only challenge me on a daily basis, but bring me more joy than I ever knew possible. I love them so much and am so thankful God made them just for me.  

Lorelei- "I'm thankful for the green dress up dress that I have. I love it because it's green and that's my favorite color and it has diamonds and I love diamonds. I also love it because, well, we get to wear it a lot. And that you made it for us. I'm thankful that it's my favorite color."

Addison- "I'm still thankful for Jackson. I'm thankful that he got born because I love him. He loves me too so much."

1 comment:

Hannah's Blog said...

You have so much to be thankful for! What a wonderful family you've been blessed with! I love that you're writing what your girls are thankful for too - they say the greatest things!